Wednesday 10 June 2009

Slow and steady wins the race

Hey, thought i’d do a lil update on my progress down at the donk infested 2nl 6max, it’s been quite a good week n a bit really. Like i said before though, i haven’t found much time to play this week as i am on an exercise with the army, joy, managed to get in 2700 hands since the last update so its not looking too good for me hitting my 15k hands goal unfortunately, i’m back at camp next week though so the nights will be my own once more and i’ll just try and smash out at least 2x1.5hr sessions per night to try and catch up.

So, as the title would suggest, my progress has been slow and steady really, had a bit of a heater at the start of last week which makes my graph look bad now b/c of the inevitable downswing straight after, ran awesome for 1k hands then ran badly for the following 1k lol, still, i have finished up another 4BI’s anyways and have ran at a nice 7PTBB/100 so far in june :D

Even though i’m not making huge gains at the minute i am very happy with the way i’ve been playing and the way i’ve been thinking while playing, i’ve decided to play a max of 4 tables at 6max from now on, i feel like this is the sweat spot for me where i can get in a decent amount of volume while being able to pay attention to the tables and get a feel for who the absolute donks are (most of them at this level!) and how they play their hands, this has improved my game in a number of ways, most notably value betting on the river and being able to lay down hands that i should know are beat, both of which will add hugely to any profits in the future.

I’ve decided as well to stop looking at the cashier as much, i’m going to try and limit it to when i update my blog i think, some may say that even this is too much and being too results orientated but i gotta start small and any improvement over looking at it every 5 minutes will be a big achievement for me lol

So then, below is the graph for the last ten days or so, nothing spectacular but i’m in profit which can’t be a bad thing, i really just wanna run goot this month so i can get myself up to the $115 mark where i can move up to 5nl!!

image

Like i said, nothing amazing, but running at 7BB/100 can’t be bad.

Hands Played: 2780

Profit: $7.94

Current Roll: $89.23

BI’S needed to move up: 12.5

So next week i’ll be trying to up the volume a notch, starting this weekend when my fiancee goes shopping with her bridesmaids for the day and then stays at her mum’s up the road, leaving me free to poker it up all bloody day if i want to :D gonna shoot for about 4.5 hrs on saturday alone, hopefully the gods shine on me this weekend and i can profit from the uberdonks that fill pokerstars between fridays and sundays lol

Til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment