Saturday 14 February 2009

A good week, if a little pokerless

Hey, I haven't managed as much poker as i would have wanted this week due to me going back to work :( I'm in the army and when this blog started i was on my relocation leave after being posted from germany to my new unit in aldershot, subsequently the first few posts of this blog were written when i had literally all the time in the world to play, this week however real life has caught up with me and i've had to concentrate on something other than cards.

So... when i play i usually do sessions of 4-tabling for about 1.5 -  2 hours, after 2hours i tend to lose focus so i usually take a break and if i have the time i'll play maybe another similar session later on, unfortunately with me being back at work i only really have the time and energy to put in about 2 hours per night. This week i've only managed to play for 3 nights, and got about 1200 hands in, which as i said, is not nearly as much as i would have wanted.

I think i've really started to get used to cash games now and i might go as far as saying that the transition is now complete from my old SnG playing, i'm raising it up in position a lot more, noticing who i can steal from on the table, cbetting a lot more effectively and starting to use the HUD stats to better effect, generally i think my games quite good at the min and it seems like, as long as i can avoid any huge downswings, only a matter of time before i move up to 10nl, i'm really starting to enjoy playing as well which is a nice bonus lol

A few highlights from the past week then....

First hand i make a standard raise in lp with big sc's get a re-raise from the button and as we were both 100bb's deep i thought i'd see a flop, i love it when a flop hits you like this lol, i also love people who over play big slick...



One thing thats started to bug me a little bit is how my aces just haven't been making me any coin at all, i've had my fair share of rockets but i always seem to raise and steal the blinds and the odd limpers 5c which isn't good at all lol below is a hand where i actually got paid with them and i think i got max value out of this with my big bet on the river, i nearly timed out thinking about how much i could get out of him and decided that the big scary bet on the end might be seen as a bluff, it worked thank the lord 



The next hand i didnt play well, at all but luckily for me the villain played it far worse, far to much aggro from me but you don't get action without creating action, i'll just blame it on the meta-game or something hehe i was trying to build up a crazy image..... lol Really though, did he honestly think i was folding to a 40c raise, when he pushed i thought i was way beat but there was still no chance i was folding and i actually pmsl when my 6's held up against his ace high lol athough if an ace or an eight had hit the river my laptop would have surely exited stage left out of the window :) 



So, below is a quick summary of my 2nd week as a cash game player and my graph since i started. It's not been a week of huge pots so i'm thinking a lot of my profit this week came from really grinding it out with steals and cbets, which i'm really happy about because thats whats going to keep me building the roll when the cards dry up now and then. Only $100 to go and i'll be movin on up to 10nl :)

Good luck at the tables guys and as usual any comments are hugely appreciated.

Starting Roll - $130.85
Hands Played - 1248
Profit - $19.20
Current roll - $150.05



No comments:

Post a Comment