Monday 2 February 2009

Well, just finished my 2nd session on stars, once again 2tabling .02/.05 FR, was a kinda mix bag really, flashes of good play mixed in with 1 dumb ass mistake in particular and one bad beat.

As i said yesterday my first session didnt exactly get me off to the best start, this time i went back focused and (at least thinking that i was) ready to not make any more stupid mistakes. Below are the highlights and some thoughts...

I'll get this one out of the way first, if it wasn't for this hand i would have finished the session up instead of down so i'm really annoyed with myself for playing like a moron


I hardly fit the name of 'hero' there lol Tbh i havent got a clue what i was thinking with this call, i'm not too bothered about the re-raise semi bluff but the call when he pushes, seriously..... what a dumb ass.

Next hand was a bit of a cooler i guess.



Was unlucky that he flopped the house but his stats for the session were vp-16 pfr-7 so because of his flat call pf i put him on maybe a medium pair like 8's or 9's, most probably a hand like AK, AQ (is this thinking ok??) when he raised me i thought he was making a move and pushed, unfortunately for me i ran into a flopped boat, typical lol



This hand is one that i didnt lose any money from but at the same time i don't know if i played the hand well??? i think i need to do a search on cc for "how to play an over pair on the flop" because straight away i've noticed that whenever i seem to stack off its when my over pair to the board is miles behind a better made hand, definetly an aspect i need to improve on.

On the bright side i did make at least one good play, these 2 hands pretty much followed each other and i was quite pleased with myself for taking the second pot down on the turn.





Proving that the ability is definetly in my head somewhere and using my amazing memory, i remembered that the villain had bet pot the last hand and figured my tens were good, my plan was to fire again on the turn if it came a brick and evaluate it from there... it paid off but i'm still unsure lol ....... Maybe i'm just lacking confidence in myself.

All in all the session ended as follows. Stats : VP-25.17 PFR -8.5 W$WSF - 39.71 WTSD - 23 W$SD - 43.75 Net Won (lol) : -$6.63 Which is an improvement results wise over my first session but still leaves me down $18 since i deposited $100, not trying to make excuses but if it wasn't for 2 of the hands above that would have changed to a profit of around $8 and only about $4 in the red so there is a glimmer of hope. Just got a few little niggling leaks to iron out and my transition from SnG's will hopefully be complete. To prove this (to myself as well as you) i have annotated a small graph for the session and in it you can clearly see that if it wasn't for 2 painful hands in particular this post could have been a lot cheerier



Thanks for the comments by the way guys, glad to know some people out there actually read this and i'm open to linking peoples blogs so just ask nicely :)

No comments:

Post a Comment