Saturday 21 February 2009

My best week yet

Hey, this is going to be just a quick update as i am feeling a tad rough after last night and as it's such a nice day i'm going to go freshen up with a good old fashioned walk with the missus :)

As the title says, i have had my best cash game week since i started! I feel like i'm really edging towards 10nl now and it feels like i've done it quite quickly as well, only 3 weeks has gone by and i don't know if i'm getting stupidly lucky or what but i've been a very consistent winner at 5nl. 

As always there are still a lot of things to improve though, i'm still trying to tighten up and bring my vpip down but i have a feeling that this might come along better when i move up a limit, or maybe it won't, somebody in the micro stakes thread said something along the lines of whatever works for you is the way you should play, this makes a lot of sense to me, poker is a very individual game and even though there may be guidelines to try and stick to the fact is that everybody is going to develop their own style of game, i might be playing a few more hands than i should be but it's working for me at 5nl, obviously when i move up i might get a wake up call and have to concentrate on tightening up but right now i'm coming along quite steadily so i must be doing something right and as such my vpip isn't too much of a worry at the minute.

Just one quick hand replay this week, it's been a fairly standard week otherwise, i've had a nice run of sets being paid off which must have gone some way towards my good profits but otherwise it's been pretty standard, i also had one hand where i stacked 2 people when my tens ended up all in pf against 2 people holding AJ, i was in mp, folded to me, i raise, button calls, which i never noticed because i just raised then went straight on another table, a 69/5 short stack small blind comes all in for $2, i call because my huds blocking me from seeing that the button called my raise, the button then goes all in and i'm like, where did this guy come from, i call because at this point (at least i think) i'm pot-comitted, a ten flops and they both turn over AJo :D anyways back to the hand replay i was talking about. 

The villain here was a bit of a mix bag, he was good in terms of the starting hands he played but bad in that he was THE most passive calling stationy type player i've ever seen in my life, he had stats like 13/2 or something, he was giving me no respect whatsoever and was generally really annoying me, i should have moved really but i thought i had him when this hand came up, obviously i would have slowed down had the 9 not came on the turn but i knew his hand when he min raised me on the river, i just knew it, sucks to be me :( Serves me right for trying to mix it up, looks easy when negreanu does it lol




Anyways, bit longer than i had planned really, below are a few screenshots of myprogress over the whole month and a bankroll update for this week, i only noticed today that i haven't had a losing day since the start of the month, theres only 2 words that describe how my 5nl plays going at the moment, crushing it! 10nl here i come!!

GL everybody and as usual i always welcome comments or constructive crit, just be gentle :)

Progress this week:

Starting Bankroll: $150.05
Hands Played: 2067
Profit: $31.37 (a personal best)
Current Roll: $181.42



2 comments:

  1. Nice work peel, 89s is abit loose to be opening from UTG+1 IMO. However nice progress so far, and no its probs not lucky you are crushing it in 3 weeks but you actually know how to play poker and play properly unlike most people there. GL with 10NL but dont rush anything and use proper BRM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mate just came across the blog via the Micro thread. Nice work, it's good to see players on the same limit as me and share experiences. GL on your ventures, I'll be following here and on CC. Let me know if you wanna crosslink blogs.
    All the best and regardless of single sessions it's nice to that graph heading upwards.
    Custo

    ReplyDelete