Monday 23 March 2009

10nl kicks my ass and I move to 6max : )

Well, first off, sorry the updates late this week, i've just been really busy over the weekend with mothers day, my sisters b'day and a nice 8 hour drive up to edinburgh, there was just too much life going on to fit in an update : )

Last week i had built up my roll to $250 and was just dipping my toes into 10nl, i was quite happy about moving up and was already picturing silverstar and wondering how long it would take me to grind up the $500 i needed to move up to 25nl, well, the poker gods put paid to all those dreams quite quickly lol.

Not going to go into huge amounts of detail b/c it was basically just a lot of run of the mill bad beats and coolers but i lost $42 this week and moved back down to 5nl at $208, i've never seen so many rivered set over sets in my life and the shortstackers just seemed to be hitting anything they needed to beat me in all in's preflop, must have lost at least $12 to pesky 20bb shortstackers doubling up through me! Anyways, when i moved down i thought it was maybe the best time to move over to 6max cash games instead, i was already finding multi-tabling FR quite robotic and REALLY frustating at times so i'd been thinking of playing some 6 max on the side, this week i thought that after i ran so badly at 10nl there was no time like the present to make the  move to 6max, i'm really glad i did so far, i have more fun playing 6max and i feel like i have a much bigger edge over the bad players at 5nl.

Next weeks update will go over my first week as a 5nl 6max player, I'm thinking of building the roll to $300 before moving up though, just so i can get a bit more experience of play at a 6max cash table before i move to 10nl, thats not 100% yet, still mulling it over really.

I've read a shedload of HA threads on 6max and i'm also reading ryanfee's guide, which is awesome, another thing thats bound to help my game is that dsvw56 got in touch with me on cc and offered to give me a bit of help, we've already gone over 1 session with him picking out about 20 hands where he thought i could have done things a bit, or a LOT, differently : ) He's gave me 900 hands worth of his session as well for me to look over and see how he plays, i've already been putting into practice some of the things he's picked me up on, I have a feeling he is really going to bring my game on and i appreciate it very much.

Anyways, til next time when i will be making my "First week of 6max" update, the graph from this week is below, although it's not really much to shout about, laters.



1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the 6-max! I have seen that it's pretty popular amongst ring players. I don't know a whole lot about the dynamics at those tables but I'd have to imagine that the fish there throw more money around which is good :)

    I put my ring playing on hold to focus on SnG/Tourney play. I felt that the nano limits (1c/2c) at the rings were just too frustrating for me to play very profitably and the micro SnG's are so dang easy to beat (playing $3NL-trubo ATM, my BR dictates that I should move up to the $5 non-turbos but I don't think I've played enough of the $3 yet so i'm probably going to let my BR grow a bit more before I do that)

    Anyway, good luck with the 6-max, I'll look forward to seeing how you do!

    ReplyDelete