Saturday 7 March 2009

My first full week 6-tabling and above $200!!!

So, as the title suggests, this was my first week 6-tabling 5nl... and it's went well, i got to over $200 near the start of the week and i was bobbing around the $198-$202 mark all week but i'm now comfortably above $200 in the roll :D

Near the end of last month when i was looking back over sessions i was noticing that i'd started to make some dumb moves, and was maybe trying too be a bit too fancy, which isn't needed at 5nl, i was still making a profit but it could have been much more had i not raised A10o UTG and called a LP 3bet etc etc.

So... I had a play around with the stars layout manager thingy and decided that if i condensed my HUD i could fit 6 tables cascaded with a slight overlap on my laptop screen quite easily, i decided to try this out for 1 week, and planned so that if i was posting a big loss i'd cut back down to 4, quite a pessimistic view but.... i'm glad i'm a pessimist because i'm always surpising myself :D

I'm so glad i've made the jump up to 6 tables, it took a bit of getting used to at first but its now just as easy as 4 was, the bonuses of playing 2 more tables are starting to show through already, the picture at the bottom of the post shows my progress in feburary compared to march, which is only 1 week long so far! The best and most important thing is that i've upped the tables and total hands for the week but i'm still beating the level at 4.85bb/100 which is infact a better winrate than for the whole of feburary, at this rate i will easily make 10nl by the end of the month, so avoiding any major downswings, custo better watch his back :D hehe

Anyways, I'm still amazed by some of the unbelievable play at 5nl, the hand below shows exactly why hands like KQ,KJ,QJ are called trouble hands, because they get you into trouble, like this hapless villain who really should have know he was beat when i 3bet him on the flop.




The next hand it's worth noting that the villain had stats of 59/18/13, under no other circumstances would i call the push on the flop but this guy had been playing like an idiot and i just couldn't fold here, i was about 80% sure he was either drawing or, best case, had total air, turns out he was drawing.




So overall it's been a good week, i'm making good steady progress towards my No1 goal at the minute of getting to $250 and 10nl. I think my play is improving as well, my postion stats are looking good with a nice increase in vpip as i get towards the button, all this time spent at 5nl is not going to waste, also, i completed a survey for stars this week as well which i'm going to be recieving 300fpp's for, so with the fpp's in the bank i'm going to be able to play another 2 210fpp sattelites in the near future which will hopefully bring me at least another $10.67 in sold T$

So figures for the week are:

Starting roll: $184.79
Hands Played: 4664
Profit: $22.61
Current Roll: $207.40

Below are a comparison of this week to last month, notice the bb/100 is a respectable 4.85 this week so theres been no hot streak to make my figures look better, and a graph for the week.

Til next time readers : )



4 comments:

  1. Nice work peel keep it up man and I will see you at 25NL soon man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! I like that TT hand, I think that was a pretty nice example of using stats against a player. BTW, over how many hands were those stats?

    Anyway.. I appear to have stolen your layout! I didn't even realize lol. I just wanted the menu on the left so the right side would expand for my charts/graphs :) Anywho, 'tis only temporary until I find a better layout with the menu on the left. Maybe I can at least try to change the color until then ;)

    Oh and as far as limit.. err, well I switched back to NL and have been doing well. I don't know which way to go now! It seems it's down to cardschat+NL or 2plus2+FL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It said I wasn't signed in but it used my work account anyway, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I changed my template. I don't look like you anymore :P

    ReplyDelete