Saturday 14 March 2009

My best week yet, but could have been sooo much better

Guess who's a 10nl player?? :D:D

Well this week I finally made the move up to 10nl, which was awesome, and i've managed to get in 2.4k (very swingy) hands there all ready. It's not been the best of introductions to a new limit but i'm still up, just, and some of the hands i've lost there so far have been real coolers. First impressions are that the play is definetly no different from the standards at 5nl, only thing is that the fish have more money behind them and the beats hurt more. 

One of the hardest things i've found so far is adjusting to the amounts of money i'm playing with, it's took a bit of effort to get into my head that when i do lose in a session at this level it could be about 20 or 30 bucks i'm losing, at 5nl if i dropped $20 in a session it would be a disaster, at 10nl it's only 2 buyins.

So... After winning $30 in my first hour of 10nl i've proceeded to lose most of it in the last 2 days, I think this has a bit to do with some beats and cooler hands but after looking back at my sessions i have to take the blame for some of it as well, I havent exactly played my best poker since moving up and i've made 2 or 3 bad decisions that have cost me a bit of cash, but below are a few hands where i wasn't to blame. 

This first 2 hands, the villain here was the worst player ive ever had the luck to sit at a table with, the whole table was just raking in the profits from this guys spewy play, his stats where 72/48/9 over 50 hands, the AA vs KK, trust me to run into him when he's actually got the goods, the QQ vs A4 just shows how bad this guy was, luckily i stayed at the table and made most of this back but when ur moving up to a new limit this isn't what you need.






In the next one you could say i played it badly by paying him off on the end but really, calling down to the river with 4 outs, whats this guy doing???



This has been the general theme of my move up so far, none of my AK-AQ's are hitting the flop and the majority of my cbets are being called/raised, when i've got a biggish pair like JJ or TT i raise pf and get 2 or 3 overs on the flop! It's been quite hard to take but i remembered when i first started at 5nl i was down 4 BI's after my first 2 days, been playing 10nl for 2 days and i'm up $6, as long as i don't get anywhere near $210 in the the roll i'm doing better than when i started cash lol

So if it wasn't for a few beats i'd be up and the tone of this update would be a lot better, but this is poker and variance is a bitch, I know from the absolutely toss play i've seen so far that i'll beat this level eventually, just gotta keep plugging away and keep my chin up when the deck's smacking the fish in the face, I'm glad i'm learning these lessons now when i'm at the micros because so far they've been the hardest to learn!

So, stats for this week then, as i said, it has been my most profitable week so far so i can't complain too much i guess, but at one point the roll was at $298 so it could have been a lot better.

Starting Roll: $207.40
Hands Played: 5943
Profit: $42.00
Profit from 210fpp Sattelites: $10.67
Current Roll: $256.62

Below is the regular weekly graph, plus my total stats for 5nl, incase anybodies interested :) 

Peace out, hopefully next weeks update will be slightly cheerier lol




No comments:

Post a Comment